Effective: October 7, 2009
This Website is currently available for use by individual consumers located within the United States only.
The Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. Yamaha does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
Collection of Information: Cookies; Personal
- Collection of Personal Information. As defined above, Personal Information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity. Yamaha collects a range of Personal Information from and about Website users. Much of the Personal Information collected by Yamaha about users is information provided by users themselves. Personal Information may be collected in connection with your visit to this Website or your use of the interactive features on the Website.
We may also obtain Personal Information about you from our affiliates and business partners, based on information that has already been shared with or made available to them.
Website users are under no obligation to provide Yamaha with Personal Information of any kind, with the caveat that a user’s refusal to do so may prevent you from logging in and purchasing Yamaha products. BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS "COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION"SECTION.
- How Is Personal Information Used?We use the information you provide to process your order or to provide other information that we think may be of interest to you. We may combine Personal Information that you provide to us with Personal Information about you that we obtain from our affiliates and business partners.
- Disclosure of Personal Information. Yamaha may disclose Personal Information with other Yamaha companies or with third parties for all purposes without restriction. Without limiting the foregoing, Yamaha may disclose Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- Marketing. Yamaha may email and mail users about products and services that Yamaha believes may be of interest to them. Yamaha may also provide users’ email information to third parties, so that those third parties may directly contact users about additional products and services. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from third parties, please use any of the unsubscribe links provided in the e-mail marketing.
- DMCA Infringement Notifications, Notices of Violations of Website Terms of Service and Other Communications Directed to Yamaha. By submitting a Copyright Infringement Notification or other communication (including communications about content stored on or transmitted through the Website) you consent to have such communication forwarded to the person or entity who stored or transmitted the content addressed by your communication, in order to facilitate a prompt resolution. For Notices of Violations of Website Terms of Service or other communications (but not DMCA Infringement Notifications), upon request Yamaha will edit out your name and contact information. However, DMCA Infringement Notifications (including any personally identifiable information set forth in the Notifications) will be forwarded as submitted to Yamaha without any deletions.
Please see the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice for complete details.
- Invite a Friend Feature.From time to time, Yamaha may make available an invitation service to tell a friend about this Website, we will ask you for your friend's email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email from your email address inviting him or her to visit the site. If your friend replies to this email, the response will be sent to your email address. Yamaha uses your friend’s email address only for the purposes of sending this one-time email and registering your friend if your friend accepts the invitation to join Yamaha. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Non-Personal Information. Like most website operators, Yamaha gathers from users of the Website Non-Personal Information of the sort that Web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes the user’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, the number of times a user visits the Website, accesses, operating system and browser type, screen resolution, and the locations of the Web pages the user views right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving the Website.
As with other Non–Personal Information gathered from users of the Website, Yamaha analyzes and discloses in aggregated form information gathered using web cookies, so as to help Yamaha, its partners and others better understand how the Website is being used. Yamaha may link information gathered using Web Cookies to Personal Information.
YAMAHA USERS WHO DO NOT WISH TO HAVE WEB COOKIES PLACED ON THEIR COMPUTERS SHOULD SET THEIR BROWSERS TO REFUSE WEB COOKIES BEFORE ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CERTAIN FEATURES OF THE WEBSITE MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THE AID OF WEB COOKIES. WEBSITE USERS WHO REFUSE WEB COOKIES ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY.
You may not decline web beacons and other tracking technology, however, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
- Use of Non-Personal Information. Yamaha analyzes Non–Personal Information gathered from users of the Website to help Yamaha better understand how the Website is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, Yamaha is able to better design the Website to improve users’ experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. From time to time, Yamaha may also release the Non–Personal Information gathered from Website users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website.
Yamaha uses reasonable measures to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information. However, data transmission or storage on the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and Yamaha does not make such a guarantee. You should take all precautions to safeguard your passwords and any account information that you may have or provide and to employ current virus-scanning or firewall software and other security safeguards. You should also log out of your account and close your browser window. While Yamaha uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, Yamaha cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Policy Governs Use. The terms of this policy will govern the use and any information collected while it is in place.
Because these third party websites are operated by business partners or third parties, you should remember that Yamaha is not responsible for the content or practices of such websites. These links are provided for your convenience only and should be used with your discretion and prudent judgment. Links from our Website to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement, or approval by Yamaha of the content, policies, practices of such third party Websites. Yamaha is not responsible for any information these websites may obtain and does not oversee their policies or practices in collecting Personal Information.
This Website may also be linked to websites operated by companies affiliated with Yamaha. Please review the privacy policies and practices of these websites before providing any Personal Information to such websites.
19 Eastern Service Road
Eastgate Extension 6
Tel: (011) 259 7600
Customer Support: 0800 YAMAHA